If you have ever owned (or wanted to own) a BMW M4 or M3, you understand there is a long lineage each new M-car has to live up to. You also know that BMW chassis and motors from specific years are more desirable than others, but also the unique M-colors are very important to owners. BMW paint codes are important to collectors, and none are more significant than Laguna Seca Blue and Imola Red. This is why the 2020 BMW M4 Edition ///M Heritage Coupe is offered in both colors in addition to Velvet Blue — but in super limited numbers.
The Munich, Germany-based manufacturer announced the BMW M4 Edition ///M Heritage Coupe would be limited to only 750 cars worldwide. At only 750 units, there won’t be a lot of these performance coupes, which are primarily based on the higher-production BMW M4 Competition Coupe.
Aside from the Competition Package coming standard, this already outstanding M4 Coupe now definitely looks the part. The BMW M4 Edition ///M Heritage Coupe will be a capable performer with its Comp adaptive M-suspension augmented by more aggressive Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) matched to various driving modes: Comfort, Sport, and Sport+ selections. The Heritage Coupe still delivers an impressive 444 hp and 406 lb-ft of torque. It can tear to 60 mph in 3.8-seconds on the way to the 155 mph (limited) top end.
Did we mention it is also available with a six-speed manual? It is, but the dual-clutch is slightly faster.
Aside from the familiar performance numbers, the Heritage Coupe aesthetics are far different. Firstly, the exterior colors are among the most desirable around with a choice of Laguna Seca Blue, Imola Red II, or striking Velvet Blue. Oddly though, the U.S.-Spec cars only have one choice for full Merino leather interior with each spec as follows:
Laguna Seca Blue: Silverstone/Black leather with turquoise stitching
Velvet Blue: Silverstone/Black leather with blue contrast stitching
Imola Red II: Red/Black leather with red contrast
BMW M4 Edition ///M Heritage Coupe Features:
- Choice of Laguna Seca Blue, Imola Red II, or Velvet Blue exterior paint.
- Two-tone Silverstone/Black or Red/Black with contrast stitching matching the exterior color.
- 20-inch forged M wheels with performance non-run-flat tires.
- BMW M-Motorsport offset strip incorporated into the carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic (CFRP) roof.
- Carbon fiber interior trim with “///M Heritage Edition 1/750” logo
- M-colors woven into carbon fiber weave.
- “Edition ///M Heritage” logo embroidered into front seat headrests.
- “Edition ///M Heritage 1/750” logo on door sills.
- Full-Merino leather M-sport seats.
- Competition Package is standard
No pricing has been announced yet, but production will begin in late-2019 and be on sale from Fall to April 2020.