New from Burns Stainless – the GSlevel Sensor provides extremely high resolution in real time monitoring of fuel and oil levels that allows for precise management of fluid levels. See more details below.
Burns Stainless is pleased to introduce a new innovative sensor technology to the North American market. Gill Sensors and Controls has been a long-standing supplier to European motorsports teams including Formula One, Rally Car and the World Endurance Championship.
The 10-bit accuracy of the GSlevel Sensor provides extremely high resolution in real time monitoring of fuel and oil levels, allowing for precise management of fluid levels in the race car. “With precise and reliable level sensing in an oil tank, the team can reduce the quantity of oil in the vehicle allowing for beneficial weight savings without risking oil starvation.” Vince Roman, Technical Director of Burns Stainless continues, “Reducing the amount of oil by 1-2 quarts in the sump will achieve a 1.75 to 3.5-pound reduction in car weight, allowing for weight relocation.”
- Compatible use with racing fuels, oils and coolants
- Operating temperature range: -40ºC to +125ºC
- Multiple and custom mounting arrangements
- Custom lengths available: 100 – 750mm
- Fully programmable in the field for setting (new) low and high levels
- Temperature sensor output option
- Lightweight aluminum design